Monday February 4, 2013, 1:47pm - by WillyAppelman
Over the weekend the Director’s of The Magnet’s Musical Improv Program held a town hall to discuss changes in the program. Here is a recap of what was discussed:
1. There will be a Curriculum Change:
From now on, there’s a requirement of 4 levels before you can audition for a Musical House Team. The current class is the last class that can audition after finishing Level 3. The new levels will be:
Level 1 – Song Structure
Level 2 – Song Types
Level 3 – Basic Narrative and Dramatic Question
Level 4 – Performance Workshop, Different Forms (once could liken it to a mix of Level 4 and Level 6 of the regular improv classes)
Forms will include monoscene, different musical styles, narrator, dramatic question, musicality/genre.
2. There will now be Musical Drop-in Classes on every other Saturday from 12-2, beginning in March.
3. The Circuit (Friday night Harold teams on the Training Center Stage) will add one musical team.
4. Current teams will remain. No teams will be cut, though some members might be shuffled around.
There will be 2 new teams. Auditions for these will be March 2, with callbacks March 3.
As there will be 8 teams, Tuesday nights will be restructured (and renamed – name suggestions are welcomed). Shows at 7, 8, 9, and mixer at 10.
Shows at 7 and 8 will be two sets each, 25 minutes each set.
Show at 9 will be one team doing a 45-minute set.
“Coaches” will be replaced by “Directors” who are selected and assigned by Michael Martin.
5. Mixer at 10 will be hosted by Trudy and have its own team.
Comments are closed.