The latest Magnet Commercial Contest Entry created by Lucia Brizzi! Love it! And there is a Roy Koshy cameo, it doesn’t get much better than that.
The Magnet is excited to announce our newest Megawatt teams, all of which to debut this Wednesday at 7, 8:30 and 10PM. Congrats to all the new comers and thank you for your hard work and dedication to the theater, we look forward to watching you! This has been arguably one of our most competitive audition rounds ever. Everyone listed has been through the rigors of our training program and they are ready to make you fall on the ground laughing. All performers who are new to being on a house team at the Magnet are in BOLD.
New Team Brick (debuts 11/3 @ 10PM)
- Rick Andrews
- Tim Eberle (previously on Lead McEnroe)
- Julia Hynes
- Fiona Mallek
- Joe Miles
- Amie Roe
- Jamaal Sedayao (previously on Strider)
- Jed Teres (previously on Commando)
New Team Teal (debuts 11/3 @ 8:30PM)
- Kimberly Ferguson
- Lulu French
- Federico Garduño
- Michael Kroll
- Scott Markman (previously on Strider)
- Desiree Nash
- Lauren Smith (previously on Strider)
- Matt J Weir (previously on Strider)
New Team Tangerine (debuts 11/3 @ 7PM)
- Dan Benjamin
- Maryanne Farrell
- David Gonyo
- James Heslop
- Joel Jones (previously on King Canute)
- Don Romaniello (previously on Strider)
- Michael Short (previously on King Canute)
- Andrew Yurman-Glaser
The legendary show is reborn by the man who made it famous. A rotating cast of all-stars perform scenes inspired by the masterful monologues of the man himself, the Magnet’s own, Armando Diaz.
Quick, make reservations for tonight before it’s too late!
Members of Chet Watkins featured in “TAKE OUT”. A video that expresses the rigors of working in the service industry. The video was highlighted recently in NYMag’s blog.
Magnet Theater is having a Commercial Contest and you could WIN!
Would you like to win a FREE Class at Magnet Theater? All you have to do is make a 30 sec commercial promoting either our Classes, Mixers, Theater, Musical Improv or Megawatt. That’s it!
- Your entry must be approximately 30 seconds long 16:9 ratio (Standard definition or High definition)
- Include one of the Magnet logos
- Include www.magnettheater.com visually within the ad
- Feature one of the 5 topics aboveLet yourself be creative and have fun! Once you have created your masterpiece you can upload your video to YouTube at anytime with this title MAGNET THEATER COMMERCIAL CONTEST – (Your Name Here) The deadline for this contest is November 1st, 2010. Submissions will be judged by Magnet Theater staff based on which commercial best reflects the Magnet Theater philosophy and image. Number of views and comments on YouTube can help but do not determine the winner of the contest.
8 new directors. 8 new films. It all happened this summer!
Shoot from the Hip is an improvisational filmmaking intensive. Exploring film through improvisation, story development, directing, cinematography, sound, and editing, students completed their own digital film shorts, and collaborated on the films of other students.
Featuring: Joshua Friedman, Richard Jopson, Ron Palais, Jen Sanders, William K. Scurry Jr., Elena Shumskaya, Darrick Smith and Julie Stainer-Loehr, led by David Etkin and Mark Grenier.
Including an exclusive trailer from “Bring Your Own God,” the project of SFTH ‘09! Featuring: Dan Abrams, Elihu Dietz, Jess Lane, Luke Manson, Alex Marino, Mike Martino, Blake Merriman, Ron Palais, Jen Sanders, Austin Smith, Drew Tarvin and Rachel Werbel; led by Armando Diaz, David Etkin and Josh Weinstein.
The show happens Tuesday October 5th at 10pm right here at the Magnet Theater!
- alex marino
- armando diaz
- austin smith
- blake merriman
- bring your own god
- dan abrams
- darrick smith
- david etkin
- digital film shorts
- drew tarvin
- elana shumskay
- elihu diets
- je sanders
- jess lane
- josh weinstein
- joshua friedman
- julie stainer loehr
- luke manson
- mark granier
- mike martino
- rachel werbel
- richard jopson
- Ron Palais
- shoot from the hip
- William K. Scurry Jr
… go see great Magnet Theater groups at the 2010 Improvaganza Improv Festival at the Laughtrack Theater Company (1123 Bethel Street, HI) The Arts at Marks Garage (1159 Nu’uanu Avenue, HI).
Check out the schedule HERE.
You can see Hello Laser, Megalou and Phooka!